Sport Reifen Dimension (225/45 Vs 235/45)

• Zitat

This non-lineair change becomes even more complex and unpredictable as you compare different manufacturers who use different cord-angles, carcass materials and so on.

I never mentioned non linearity. My argument is still valid. Bigger tire tend to have bigger CP(w at normal circumstances (no crazy camber etc.).

Zitat

But to say the CP size will reach its (near) maximum size at a "low" (let's say 10% of maximum?) is also uncorrect. I will not continue to advocate my claim nor take apart your's as I don't have the data at hand to back it up.

Maybe i put it into wrong therms, but thats one of the ideas behind radial tires. High CP already at low load which is not much affected in load change. What i have written just discribes it in words you just dont like

Zitat

I'm sorry, what is questioned here, my knowledge or the written information? Again you fall back to this personal attacking instead of debating the topic. We are talking science, physics and some chemistry here, not politics. What does it matter if my 4yr old nephew says F=ma or Isaac Newton?

I do fall back to personal attacking? I was just asking a question to you?
    And i am well aware that we are not talking about politics.

Zitat

If not for the intention to proof yourself, but for the use of educating us and me in particular, with the added bonus of proving your point, would you still be so kind to do us this favor when you get back? I hope so :thumbup:

Remind me when i am back. I might forget as i have lot of things to worry about when i return.

Zitat

I could refer you again to my 2nd paragraph above, but to underline my opinion about this way of thinking, I suspect that you are apparantly not understanding what is talked about, because your rely on trust. Now why would you need trustworthyness, if you understand what is talked about and can judge for yourself? I certainly don't, I judge what is said, for instance whether something makes logic sense or not. I don't care if the author is a lesbian, African, a fat guy or Abraham Lincoln.

If you qute a source (wich we both do), we rely that they are right. So what you say, is relying on work of others. So how on earth, you are not supposed to trust these sources, that they are right?
    Especially with automotive, there is so much bullshit written in the net. The funnies thing i have ever seen was, that apparently the VG30DETT has VTEC. Was written in wikipedia.
    And what you do is bang keywords into google and quote out of what it gives you. No wonder i am sceptical about that.

Are you trying to imply that i am a racist with your last sentence? I hope not.

Harry

Zitat

das gleiche dachte ich auch - dieser kleine test von adac ist sowas von nichtssagend -> dass eine niedrigere flanke das handling verbessert wissen sogar im sxce die meisten ohne sich beim adac zu informieren.
    Es steht aber nichts da wie sich ein breiter reifen auf einer schmalen felge auswirkt ;)

Sorry, da hast du aber nicht aufgepasst. Jeder schreit dass weite Reifen nicht automatisch besser sind. Was dieser Test beweist, ist dass weite Reifen im Trocknen doch besser waren.
    Das verhalten von Flankenhöhe und Reifen breite sagt es nichts aus. Aber um das zu beweisen habe ich es ja auch nicht gepostet.

Zitat

nach deren berechnung (bei querschnitten kleiner 50% sollte die felge min. 85% der Reifenbreite sein)
    sollte die Felge für einen 225er min. 7,44" breit sein und bei einem 235er min. 7,86"

7,5 auf 7,86 Zoll hat eine abweichung von 4.8 %. Ich habe mir ausgerechnet wieviel Grad unterschied die Flanken haben zwischen den zwei Reifen.
    Der unterschied beträgt 2,22 Grad (pro Flanke). Natürlich ist das keine perfekte Rechnung und auch repräsentiert sie nicht die wirklichkeit, doch es zeigt über was für einen kleinen Unterschied wir hier diskutieren.
    Ich bin fest der Meinung, trotz aller Theorie, man müsste das wirklich austesten.
    Weite Reifen haben einen Vorteil, Schmalereifen auf weite Felgen haben einen vorteil, doch wo wiegen sie sich auf? Das kann man nur Testen.

Zitat

BMW verwendet bei den 0815 modellen eine 7,5" felge mit einem 235er reifen und beim M3 eine 8" Felge mit 235er Reifen - das hat eben auch einen guten grund - wenn man sich den text durchliest.

Welche Querschnitte haben die?

"Der Wissende redet nicht. Der Redende weiß nicht." Laotse (604 - 531 v. Chr)

• Offizieller Beitrag

BMW hat in beiden fällen einen 235/45/17 benutzt.

Hier noch etwas entscheidendes -> http://www.kumhousa.com/Tire_SizeChart…6f-a6daed9dd99f
    Messfelge für den 225er ist 7,5" und beim 235er 8" -> in diesem Fall beträgt die Nettomehrbreite knapp 10mm - wenn du den 235er aber auf die 7,5" felge ziehst wirst du locker 20-30% davon verlieren -
    dafür schleppst du dann aber insgesamt knapp 5kg mehr ungefederte masse rum ;)

• 30% Reifenbreite verlieren? Aus einem 235er auf einer 8 Zoll wird eine 165 wenn die auf eine 7.5 Zoll felge Montiert? Nur weil man ein halbes Zoll (12.7mm) von der Messfelge entfernt ist? Diese Aussage halte ich für gewagt.

• Offizieller Beitrag

nein - ich meine natürlich von den rechnerisch möglichen 10mm bleiben dann wohl nur noch ~7mm
    es geht schlicht und einfach darum, dass du den breiteren reifen auf der felge nicht voll ausnutzen kannst - aber wesentlich mehr gewicht spazieren fährst

Am besten wäre es du kaufst auch gleich neue leichtere 8" breite felgen :D

gruß
    Hary

• Achsoooo, sorry hab dich misverstanden...

Ich wünschte mir auch bessere Felgen, aber das budget lasst es nicht zu. Ausserdem habe ich nicht so viel lust auf en 5 loch swap usw....

Währe schon intersant zu sehen ob 225 oder 235 für St3 ausreichend sind. Wenn nicht wird mir wohl nichts mehr übrig bleiben...

• ich bin mir sicher, dass 225er für S13 ausreichend sind.

Just wait until you feel that turbo kick in! It's like being able to get a BJ on command. Whenever you want it, however you want it, as long as you want it and without her complaining and having to come up for air. (c) highboostingm3

• Währe schon intersant zu sehen ob 225 oder 235 für St3 ausreichend sind. Wenn nicht wird mir wohl nichts mehr übrig bleiben...

How can you know you even get the 225 up to temperature? You ever used pyrometer with it? The 235 will not mean more grip, especially if you can't even heat it up and make the suspension work with it.

S13, macht aus gewöhnlichen Männen, Automechanikerexperten!

• Well no, i didnt measure it, but the M3 with it ~280HP got 235s so i was thinking thats about the right size to get. Especially with softer compounds...

• The M3 has 4 exhaust pipes too, maybe you should get that as well :facepalm2:

S13, macht aus gewöhnlichen Männen, Automechanikerexperten!

• Zitat

The M3 has 4 exhaust pipes too, maybe you should get that as well :facepalm2:

I give you a hint: type the following into google: "number of exhaust tips on a M3 E36 at factory trim"
    Lets see what you will find out.

• Also ich würde auch behaupten das ein 225 Reifen für den SX ausreichend ist......

Entscheidend ist deine Achseinstellung......Spur..... Sturz...usw....

Thema BMW..warum haben die wohl in beiden Fällen die gleiche Reifengröße genommen....ich tippe mal darauf das es wegen dem Abrollumpfang ist...(Tacho)

Gruß Silvio

Deine Mutter schubst kleine Jungs vom Fahrrad :auslach: und riecht am Sattel... :facepalm::auslach:

• So,

hab endlich mal daran gedacht nen Foto zu machen.

das sind 235 / 40 R17 auf 8.5"

• Danke. Sieht gut aus! Was für Felgen sind das?

• Das sind meine :P

;) WedsSport TC105N

NISSAN
    SHIFT_Im Stehen

Doppelt beatmet fährt besser :fahren:

• I have some thing new to add to this topic:

Luckily, i got access to some tire data for a couple of formula student slick tires measured by calspan.

I made a tire map, where the following two tires are tested on a seven inch wheel (I had to delete the scale because of confidentiality):

Green: Hoosier 20.5x7.0-13

Red: Hoosier 20.0x7.5-13

At maximum load there is a performance increase of about 5.7 % for the wider tire at pure side slip.

Its a racing tire, but all i try to point out is, that a wider tire on a narrower rim does not mean it will loose performance.

When i analysed remaining data, it showed a general trend, that for the same tire wider wheels do have a higher cornering stiffness.