[S12] Brake pads upgrade wanted

• Hi guys

For my FJ20E powered S12 GP I'm looking for some new discs and pads.

So I went looking on the interwebzz. I found some threads where people wanted better pads. Some say go bigger discs (like S13) but its a whole conversion. Thats not what Im after for this moment. For now Im looking for better pads for stock discs.
    Reason I dont want to upgrade for bigger discs/brakes at this moment is that I want to keep the original Gotti rims for some time.
    The pads have to be good enough for some Nordschleife action. Spec (Nils) did some laps in his car on the Nordschleife with stock brake+pads and they were good enough. But Im wondering if there are better pads for stock brakes.

I have found on ebay some Brembo front and rear discs. Even rear pads, but unfortunate to find front brembo pads.
    Today I have also contacted an US domestic firm that supplies HP+ and HPS pads for the S12. I just need to find out if they are for the CA18ET or FJ20E because I have read that the brakes are different? Can anyone confirm?
    When they give me an answer I will post it also on SXCE.

Im looking to buy these brembo discs
    - Brembo brake disc Front
    - Brembo brake disc Rear

And also this brake pad
    - Brembo brake pad Rear

Im having trouble finding brake pads for the front. I have found these
    - EBC greenstuff brake pads
    - EBC ultimax brake pads (I think these are total sh** btw. Am I right?
    - FerodoFDB340
    - Standard? S12 brake pads

Question time:
    1) Does anybody know where to get some brembo front brake discs for the FJ20E?
    2) Does anybody have tried one of these?
    3) Im using the car for road and track (Nordschleife thumbsup_anim.gif)

Any info please. Thanks alot

marks12.jpg
    Nordschleife laps
    2009: 4
    2010:24
    2011: 11
    2012: 11
    2013: 5
    2014: none. Nurmeet baby

• I talked with spec a few hours ago abut this theme.
    He said (and it´s my opinion too) that there are only the rear brake pads available.
    I don´t know how good the brembo disks from ebay are. It´s an interesting question.
    Manybee you shold look for Z31 brake pads for front, because it had the same brake.
    But there are some not too expensive brake conversations, .... if you need more than just pads and disks. (And maybee also if you just need disks and pads!) Compare costs!
    AFAIK spec takes the S15 front break -> not too much things to change, ...
    but let´s Wait for people with more info´s.

Soldat: "Versuchen die etwa, die zweite Drohne abzuschießen?"
    Genervte Jessica Biel: "Nein, Sie versuchen den Panzer zu fliegen."

Suche für S12: Kühlergrill kurz

• I have also read on C-S12.org that front brake pads from 280z are change-able and rear Z31 ones.

Brake upgrade needs to fit in the OE 15inch Gotti's.
    K-sport has also got a BBK that fits S12 OE rims
    snc00005s.jpg
    snc00219s.jpg
    But wont be cheap

marks12.jpg
    Nordschleife laps

• For such a swap, aks the user V12. He had a good Tarox (i think) Brake kid, wich may fit into this rim too. Ans is much better then K-Sport, ....
    And is the Z280 a really upgrade or just a change. (I don´t know this brake)

Soldat: "Versuchen die etwa, die zweite Drohne abzuschießen?"
    Genervte Jessica Biel: "Nein, Sie versuchen den Panzer zu fliegen."

Suche für S12: Kühlergrill kurz

• Sorry, mate, but those brakes are not the german version!

The german S12 comes with 274mm*22mm in the front and 290mm*10mm discs! ---> The brakes are nearly similar to the Nissan Z31, the Z31 has vented rear discs and 5 lug.

Upgraded pads are awaylable for the rear brakes from EBC (Black-, Green- and Yellowstuff)

Hawk Performance has brake pads for front and rear. HB475x.642 (front)and HB262x.540 (rear)

I don't know where to find upgrade discs. An option for the front would be to buy Z31 discs and redrill them, to make them fit on 4lug. Sandtler has heat threated discs in a drilled or slotted version.

BTW, I didn't said that there are no upgrade pads, I only said you won't hear the price ;) :schande:

cheers, nils

• marks12.jpg
    Nordschleife laps

• Just click on the links for the prices for the hawk pads. It's just one shop found. I bet there is a cheaper possibility. But as I always say, the user HwE did over 300 laps with his S12 on the ring, and I don't know he ever moaned about the brakes. 300$+shipping for both axles.

OEM discs from ebay uk are about 90pounds per axle. Just check out conceptua.

cheers, nils

• Those prices arent too bad are they?
    I used to buy Mintex 1144 for my Sunny Gti brakes and they were around 130pound delivered front (rear had still drums).

I have asked this seller the sizes of the brake discs. It doesnt state in the ad, its the conceptua ones you talked about.

If they dont fit Im probably buying the EBC ones, they have the right size.
    Or these Grooved discs

Front height is 36? and rear is 47?

marks12.jpg
    Nordschleife laps

• Get Performance Friction PFC01 or Hawk DTC-30. The DTC-30 won't stand up to track work but the PFC01 will. However the DTC-30 will perform good at cold levels as where the PFC01 need a little bit of warming up (brake 1 or 2 times). Both expensive, but very very good. Quality = money.

Ferodo sucks, EBC is even worse, don't waste your money.

S13, macht aus gewöhnlichen Männen, Automechanikerexperten!

• Are these "Performance Friction PFC01" and "Hawk DTC-30" available for standard S12 brakes? If so do you have a link where I can buy them?

And I will be using the car also for street use so I guess it shouldnt be a full race compound pad. Thanks for your advice.

marks12.jpg
    Nordschleife laps