Crappy quarter mile results, thank you shit gearbox

• Did some testing a time ago. Results for acceleration were shit. Gear-shifting from 1st to 2nd takes about 1.4 seconds! 2nd to 3rd is about .7 seconds. Tires proved to be pretty good though, happy with 1g cornering (low speed test).

We measured a few M3's and other cars, they all shift within .5 or less seconds (E92 M3 40ms lol), which significantly cuts down their times. Than, there is also something strange, when shifting into 2nd, the car bogs down and doesn't accelerate smoothly. I'm thinking this is the lag that develops from the long shift-time and the engine can not get up to speed fast enough to overcome decelerating forces from nature.

Or maybe I just suck..

9 oktober 2010 – 01:00 – 10c ambient

Falken FK452
    PFC01
    Stage II ~255HP (oem exhaust)
    1.09BAR
    1260Kg + 80kg (dri) + 60kg (pass)

Brakes: 1.11g
    Lateral: 1.02g (low speed)
    Accel: 0.61g
    0-100: 7.95
    1/4 mile: 15.39@152KM/h

vladimir2.jpg

S13, macht aus gewöhnlichen Männen, Automechanikerexperten!

• maybe u need more torque :D:D:D
    u could try a short shifter from ikeya like this one

Externer Inhalt
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne deine Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklärst du dich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• .. or maybe the clutch is unable to handle the Power? What kind of clutch are you using?

btw: I was able to burn down a 0-100km/h time of 6.92 sec with a Stock S13 on 15" wheels with a 2.7" Catback and k&n plate-filter (Boost was around 12 PSI).
    This time was captured by Dynolicious too, but I forgot to save the graph :(

cheap, fast, reliable ... choose two, you can't have all three :verlegen:

• The shifter nor the clutch is the problem, the problem is the syncromesh, which engages very slowly. 6.95 on a stock S13 is hard to believe.

• maybe u need more torque :D:D:D
    u could try a short shifter from ikeya like this one

Externer Inhalt
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne deine Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklärst du dich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

does it come with new synchros? nope, so it cant make shifting faster ;)

es gibt Leute, die haben ein Projekt :schrauber:
    und es gibt Leute, die fahren ihr Auto sogar :fahren:

• Vova: If you need new synchro's, go for it ;)

cheap, fast, reliable ... choose two, you can't have all three :verlegen:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mejdan22 (21. Oktober 2010 um 09:40)

• Maybe you should upgrade your Gearbox with some new cool solid parts from PPG :D Or if you wanna go the hard way, invest into a dogbox.

When shifting from first to second, do you stay a little bit on the gas? Maybe this might be a little bit helpful.

MfG rr

P.S I know, my english is bad :S

Schwaben - Stark und groß durch Spätzla mit Soß

• Do you have new Engine Mounts installed, or the original 13 years old Marshmallow Mounts? The old Mounts are to soft and the Engine moving to much from side to side at full throttle with fast shifting. New Mounts and/or a Engine Damper is the solution for this problem. I have a engine Damper in my old S13 with old engine Mounts and fast shifting works very well!

f_log.jpg

• How would rotation of the engine-gearbox assembly influence synchromesh engagement?

• How would rotation of the engine-gearbox assembly influence synchromesh engagement?

it doesnt, but it helps you to get into gear, because when everything is twisting you´re often not 100%ly in pattern.

es gibt Leute, die haben ein Projekt :schrauber:
    und es gibt Leute, die fahren ihr Auto sogar :fahren:

• Hmm.. how do you mean 'in pattern'?

• I think he means..smashing the gearstick against the natural barrier between for example gears 1 and 3 :D
    Another bad thing with rotating engine-gearbox assembly might be a noticable difficulty in "getting the gears off"..if you understand what I want to say :D

Ja klaaaaar und ich brauch die Medis gelle?
    Laut den Ärzten bin ich der Kranke, aber wenn ich das hier so lese..... :D :ugly: